I specialise in drawn and painted portraits of:
- people: children to adults
- musicians and other performers
- life drawings (females)
Our portrait. Your story.
I aim to provide an enjoyable, collaborative experience which results in an artwork that:
- celebrates your, or the subject's, story
- connects with you emotionally
- projects your image through time
Step one: the practicalities
Does my style connect with you?
Please browse my portrait portfolio to find out.
Who is the portrait to be of?
Head and shoulders, half or full length?
Do you have a budget in mind?
I am happy to work to a budget but as a guide, cost is usually determined by size, medium, and the number of figures.
- Size: do you have a place for it? If so, allow 10cm/4” if it is to be framed.
- Medium: painted or drawn?
- Number of figures: my price chart below is for single portraits with the cost for each additional person provided
Is it to be from photos or a mix of sitting and photos?
- one sitting of three hours with photography? Where will it take place? What clothes will be worn?
- from agreed hi-res photographs that inspire me? This is always the case with a child/animal.
What is the deadline?
- An oil portrait can take from 6 weeks to complete. A drawing can take between 1-2 weeks.
Step two: the quote
Contact me to begin a friendly conversation about the subject's story, talk about the medium and size of your artwork and where it will hang. I make it a fun experience and will guide you if you feel unsure.
I provide you a quote and take a 30% deposit to secure the commission with the balance due on completion.
We then decide on reference images that will inspire me. These need to be clear and taken close up. For more tips, click here.
In the case of a sitting we can arrange for me to take the photos and to note the subject's colours.
The quote excludes any travel outside London and surrounds, accommodation, framing and delivery.
Step three: the completed artwork and framing
I begin work, send you regular updates on the artwork's progress and incorporate any changes along the way. I then send you an image of the completed artwork for final approval - or you can view it in person in my Ealing studio.
Seeing a completed portrait for the first time can be strange as we are not used to seeing ourselves through the imagination of an artist. Over time you will discover that the more you look at a portrait, the more it reveals.
Although framing does not form part of the commission, I will advise what sort of frame complements my work, or whether a frame is needed.
Single portrait in oils (+£600 per extra person)
|Size inches||Size cm||Price|
|16 x 12||40 x 30||£600|
|20 x 16||50 x 40||£980|
|24 x 20||60 x 50||£1,300|
|30 x 25||76 x 63||£1,500|
|36 x 28||90 x 70||£1,950|
|40 x 30||100 x 76||£2,600|
Single portrait drawing (+£50 per extra person)
|40 x 50||£300|
Single digital portrait painting 30x30 cms or 12"x12" (+ £60 per extra person)